Friday, December 21, 2007

Tagged...25 questions for 25 days of Christmas

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate...Egg nog makes me gag!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
When I was a kid, he wrapped everything but I like the idea of just placing them under the tree...less work for me!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights on both...more versatile
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No...it's poisonous
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
Ok, I'll admit it...we don't really do decorations...not yet at least. There's too many other things this time of year that I want to spend my dollars on.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Probably cinnamin rolls on Christmas morning.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
In Rancho Bernardo, everyone puts luminaries out on Christmas Eve and we always spent that evening with my dad's family so when we drove home that night, we'd always drive all around the neighborhoods and look at all the sidewalks all lit up.
8. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Like Meg...depends on what I'm wrapping.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Sometimes
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We didn't do a tree this year but next year for sure!
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
HATE IT!!!...but if my husband asks...I'm indifferent to it.
12. Real tree or fake tree?
I used to want a real tree but now I just see all the work that goes along with it so I think I'm sold on a fake one.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
No but it was probably something my Grandma Dewey got me. She always got me something great!
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
That's easy. Being with family. This is the first year that we don't have to travel for Christmas so I'm excited for that.
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Homemade carmels!
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Probably the Christmas morning breakfast that the boys are in charge of making.
17. What tops your tree?
I'll let you know next year...
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Receiving! Wait, is that bad?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Yumm-O! But mostly the rainbow ones.
21. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I think it's ELF. ("Santa? I KNOW him!)
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Cookies (or whatever treat we had in the house) and of carrots for his reindeer. I do like Megan's idea of leaving some Diet Coke for him...we might have to adopt that tradition.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
It usually involves waking up to presents and stockings and then some sort of yummy breakfast...depends on whose house we're at.
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
At the mall for sure! I love all the energy there!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
This year it was just a card but maybe some day I'll have more to say.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI- Mom and Dad always had some unwrapped Christmas morning- especially if they needed to be "set up"- I call technical foul on answer #2

Steve and Amanda said...

Ang...where did you get your Chritmas card done, did you do it on digital scrapbooking?

The Harbertson Family said...

hug-n-kiss...ya, Lindsay and I did our Christmas cards with digital scrapbooking. So easy. So cheap. My kind of scrapbooking!

The Harbertson Family said...

hug-n-kiss...ya, Lindsay and I did our Christmas cards with digital scrapbooking. So easy. So cheap. My kind of scrapbooking!

Krissy said...

Ang- did you get my text that told you I need carmels NOW!!! I have been craving them and so has Haley! I love how I really could of answered just about every question for you, especially the giving and receiving one. So funny! Hello, who doesn't love to get a gift! But I do love to get my kids gifts, even if the girls take EVERYTHING back...who cares! Love ya Ang! Send us the recipe for carmels so Haley can start the tradition!

The Harbertson Family said...

Krissy...got the text. I'll be honest, I tried making a batch this year and I don't know if it's my crappy stove or what, but they DID NOT turn out! I'll try again and send you the results. No promises though.
p.s. Nice way of pawning off the work on Haley and call it a "tradition"

 
Clicky Web Analytics