Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy 30th Lindsay!

So today my sister turns the big 3-0!!! To help her celebrate this monumental achievement, her husband planned a surprise little "Girl's Weekend" in Sedona, AZ.  He flew me out and then my mom, 2 aunties and 3 of Lindsay's good friends from California all drove out to meet up in Phoenix. After making a little shopping detour in Scottsdale (the shopping in Sedona is not great...unless you're in the market for dream catchers or turquoise jewelry) we made our way up to Sedona.  The first night we just went out to dinner and stayed up late talking and playing cards (we played cards so much this weekend that I have calluses on my hands from shuffling!)  The next day we spent the whole day at the spa. It was heaven.  It pretty much consisted of relaxing, our massages, more relaxing, lunch by the pool, relaxing some more, laying out in the sun and finishing off with a little more relaxing.  That night we went out to dinner at The Cowboy Club (complete with REAL cowboys!) and back to the hotel for...you guessed it...more card games!
The next day we had a yummy breakfast at the Wildflower Cafe and headed back down to Phoenix.  I didn't fly back to OKC until the next morning so I was able to spend that evening just hanging out with Lindsay and her kids (and Mike of course.)  
Needless to say, it was such a nice weekend...all of which would not have been possible without my great husband's willingness to stay home with Ella.  He did such a great job being both Daddy and Mommy to her this weekend. Not only that, but I actually came home to a clean house and laundry done! He's amazing.

This is all of us outside of our hotel

Auntie Jill, Aunite Mimi, and my mom

Jill and mom doing some relaxing

The big surprising moment!

5 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

HOW FUN!! i'm so jealous...i need a little weekend getaway!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Coould that last picture of me be any more hideous?? Thanks again for coming out Ang- and for my gift!! I LOVE it!! MISS you!!

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

so fun! I cant wait until you guys come and visit us in great ol Utah for 2 weeks!!!

Krissy said...

Man..I am the biggest flake. Can I still send you a memory page? The weekend sounds so fun! I love the last picture of Linds. You caught the perfect shot! That's all the pictures? I guess you can only take so many pictures of relaxing. I want to see some pictures of your clean house! I can't wait to see you soon. Sounds like you'll be here for Thanksgiving? I'm just a couple streets over.

Jer & Di said...

Angela Dawn...this was way too fun! I just found your blogthru Alyssa's thru Lyndsay on Amy's...and I lOVED every posting I read! I hope you love OK. I went once to visit with some friends from Westwood and had a blast. The people there are so friendly. How do you like fried pickles??? Love you girl...Sister J

 
Clicky Web Analytics