Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fun with Grandpa Jim

Last week my dad came out for a little visit.  Ella was LOVING all the attention/sugar he gave her. I was loving that I had about a week's vacation from cooking dinner.  If my dad wasn't taking us out to dinner, he was making it for us at home. Here he is in the kitchen about to get to work.


Ella was busy decorating the little Halloween house that my dad brought her with stickers

On Halloween we went to the zoo.  It wasn't very crowded so we took a train ride and had it all to ourselves. 

Ella trying to get in with the ducks

Here's Ella talking a little trash to that cougar. You see, she was already getting into character for what she was dressing up as later that night...

Later that day while Ella was taking a nap, Ryan and I ran a few errands. (And can I just say that I forgot how easy it was to run errands before I became the mother of a toddler!) Anyway, we decided to pick up this little toilet training seat since Ella insists on taking her diaper off. I don't think we'll be using it anytime soon but I thought we'd have it around just in case... So this is what she does with it...

Before Ella headed out to trick-or-treat, we thought we should give her a little practice

I know the pom poms don't match...but that's all I could find at the dollar store that day (I know I'm kind of a slacker mom when it comes to planning costumes for Halloween. Maybe I'll be better next year.  Probably not.)

This is her very fist trick-or-treat house. It only took her like 2 seconds to realize that she LOVES this thing called Halloween!

My favorite part was after she would get her candy, she would try to slam the storm door in their face and yell BYE! Not the most polite trick-or-treater...but I thought she was cute.

Ahhh...finally she got to taste some of her hard work.


A big THANK YOU to my dad for coming out to visit us!  And what a great visitor he was!  Beside keeping us all full the entire time, he was a HUGE help with Ella.  He read her countless books, babysat her so Ryan and I could go to the temple and even had a night out at the movies,  and played with Ella until the cows came home!  We miss you already! 

11 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

how cute is your dad!? love him. don't love that U on ella's cheerleading dress...good thing she's so stinking cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I really think Ella would look even cuter in blue ;)

Krissy said...

I love Jim Snead. He is the kindest, funnest dad! Always has been, always will be. It was fun to see him. Thanks Ang!

The Valenzuelas said...

hey Ang I can not believe how big she is getting and I can't believe how much be looks like you!! I think she took all of Gids energy, she seem like she is fired ip and ready to go, where Gid shall me known as a turtle! Well hope we can see you bus soon love you and miss you so much!! -Rach

The Walker Family said...

I loved reading this post about your dad. He hasn't asged a bit and how long has it been?? Ella looked cute as ever.

Krissy Lowe said...

So fun to see your dad. Glad to see you getting settled in OKC.

The Wyatt's said...

Grandpas are the best. Looks like him and Ella are pretty good buddies. I'm sure it was fun to have him there for Halloween. That is one cute cheerleader!

Pratt Family said...

Ella...you are sooo cute. You look great all dressed up as a cheerleader (too bad it's not a blue cougar on front!). Sure looks like fun having your grandpa come and visit. Can't wait to see you at Christmas time.

Jenn and Tyler said...

Don't you love it when parents visit? It just rocks. And what an adorable cheerleader Ella made! Even with purple pom poms. Whose to say it wasn't a school with purple and pink colors?! Too much fun!

Stephens Family said...

What a cute cheerleader! I really want you to post some pictures in your new shades. Actually one of you and Ryan together would be perfect.

aquabatgirl said...

i think ella loves her grandpa as much as kylie loves her grandpa. it sure is fun to be with family. and it's amazing how quickly the kids catch to the candy thing. i actually had a stroller and calvin let me push him the whole time so he could eat candy as i took him to get more

 
Clicky Web Analytics