Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Easter Bunny (and parents) comes to town!

Last week, we were lucky enough to get a visit not only from the Easter Bunny, but Ryan's parent's came out as well.  They flew in Wednesday night and were here until Sunday.  As usual, Oklahoma served up some crazy weather but we all had a good time anyway.

Thursday was a pretty sunny day so we headed out to Lake Hefner where they have a pretty fun park that Ella loves. This was one of the WINDYEST (is that a word?) days I've experienced in this very windy city! There's a reason behind the line in the play Oklahoma "where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!"


The next day, Ryan ditched (or as they say in Utah "sluffed") his residency to hang out with us. Ryan's parents really wanted to see the Oklahoma City Memorial for the bombing that happened back in 1995.  It really is a neat memorial with such a sacred feeling.


Ella thought the memorial was ok but was really interested in this ladybug.

On Saturday, Ryan took us down to his school for a little tour of his office and where he works. It's kinda cool cuz in dental school he was always rotating around to different chairs but here he has the same chair (most of the time at least.)

Did someone call for a doctor?

OU's medical campus is huge! Totally different from Creighton. This is a Sooner or a Sower or something.

That night Ryan's parents told us to pick a place for them to take us out to a nice dinner.  Since it was Ryan's parents in town, I let him do the choosing.  He chose Lakeside Fish Grill. Being that I'm not a huge fan of stinky smelly fish, I was little bummed, but any dinner without a loud two year old at the table is fine by me! (A big Thank You to Candice for taking Ella for us!) Actually, I can't complain. They did have a very yummy chicken pasta dish that I loved. Plus it was right on the lake so it had very cool atmosphere. 

Easter Morning! Now I'm not usually one for big huge flowers on my daughter's head but in the spirit of the holiday where some wear big goofy hats, I thought Ella could get away with wearing a big goofy flower.

My mom got Ella this dress for her birthday and Ella was so excited that I finally let her wear it. This is her doing her best twirl.

6 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

Ella looks adorable in her Easter dress, and what a cute family picture. I love your fire place and temple picture. Glad you guys enjoyed time with Ryan's parents. You guys seem to have such a supportive family. How are you feeling? Your little belly is cute. :)

The Tufts said...

Happy Easter! Ella looks beautiful in her dress. It must be a good one if it is swirl-worthy. Are you really having a baby in few months? You are hardly showing!

Mark and Meghan said...

fun to have visitors! i love ella's flower...she looks darling. and so do you with your little poke of a belly!!

Whitney said...

How cute! I love the pic that Ella looks all scrubbed in!

Anonymous said...

LOVED those pictures!! loved that she wore a BIG flower in her hair!! LOVE that she wore my favorite shoes of kaitlyns!! :) PS- Mom wants you to know that she saw these pics too! :)

anne said...

Angela! I'm so glad you posted on my blog. I was laughing so hard thinking of creative touch. Next time I go to SLC, I'm going there to get a massage. Not joking. No matter how creepy it is, I just have to do it. In Grandma's honor.
Fun to see you and your family. Ella's so cute and how exciting to have another one on the way.
Keep in touch!

 
Clicky Web Analytics