Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Alright, I'll admit that I'm not that festive when it comes to celebrating Cinco de Mayo (although I will say that we will be dining on Mexican food tonight) but I just had to do another post so that every time I got on my blog I didn't have to read about Ella's potty training...or what I should say is lack thereof!  I'm so frustrated with the whole thing that I think I'm throwing in the towel.  I just had to buy another box of diapers today and I was not happy about it.  I don't know why she won't just pee on the potty. I know she can do it. She's just so stubborn! I don't know where she could possibly get it from. Must be from her dad...


On a lighter note...this is what I caught my little monkey doing the other day.
This is my old tap dancing costume (from when I was in 3rd grade...so it was little big) but Ella decided that she would slip this little number on. And what goes great with a lime green and black leotard?  Yep...hot pink cowboy boots.  In this next picture she might just be singing a song into her "microphone".  This, I admit, is a trait that she might have picked up from her "teeny-bopper" mom. It's embarrassing but true.

7 comments:

The Tufts said...

What outfit does NOT look great with hot pink cowboy boots?! What a cute gal.

I'm with you about the whole 'waiting till they're ready to potty train' thing. Honestly, it just gets to a point somewhere in the 2 year that it just gets gross. That being said, I just about had a nervous breakdown potty-training Abe. That being said, Samson was a piece of cake to potty-train. So in the end? I guess if it's really hard to potty-train your first, at least your second should be a breeze...assuming that your first IS potty-trained at that point....Good luck!

Pratt Family said...

Glad to read your had an appropriate dinner on Cinco de Mayo. Steve was at YM's, so Logan & I had left-overs, kind of boring I know.

I absolutely love the HOT pink boots. Ella is so stinkin' cute wearing cowboy boots. I love reading through your blog, it makes me really want to call you up and talk. Which, by the way, I do owe you a call now. I'm sorry but I got a good kick out of Ella watching and now wanting to watch shows on the potty. I wish you the very best with potty training, you'd think eventually she'll not like the feeling of wet diapers. Oh, and darling Easter Sunday pictures. You look so cute being pregnant and Ella sure looks like a princess in her beautiful dress.

Mark and Meghan said...

sure she gets her stubborness from her dad! good one ang! she's your daughter! from the green leotard...to the teeny bopper songs...to the stubborness!

love you!

aquabatgirl said...

her outfit rocks and i am just dying thinking about her peeing in the corner like a doggie lol
also i did the same thing with kylie and videos. i seriously had to let her watch about two movies, sitting there the whole time before she finally went. don't worry their bums recover quickly

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see that lime gree tard I think of your cute pictures with *Jazz Hands* from third grade!! ;) I think Ella takes it to a whole new level with the hot pink boots- I miss that Ella Bella! We're on our way!!

Jamie said...

Your blog is so cute! And I am totally dreading the potty training, too...good luck! I love the outfit & boots pic, so cute!

maughans said...

HEY! That outfit looks familiar!!! :) What an adorable little girl, and such an "Angela" smile! Love it! I've seen the blog of your hair bows/headbands, very very cute! Hope things are going well for your family!

--Mandi Maughan Campbell

 
Clicky Web Analytics