Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ella's Grandma & Grandpa visit

Last week Ryan's parents decided to fly south to ring in the new year...and to escape the snow for a bit! We were so excited to have them here but unfortunately Ella and I were pretty sick the first couple days they were here and Lynda ended up taking care of us. I'm still figuring out if this was really bad timing to get sick...or really good timing because I was able to just stay in bed and Lynda took care of Ella.

On Saturday, Ryan took them to Newport Coast for a little walk. (I stayed in bed and slept and coughed and blew my nose...)


Ella with her Grandma (and Yankee)

These next few pictures are ones that Ryan took that day. He's contemplating a career in making post cards...I think they're nice but he shouldn't quit the day job! :)

.
.

On New Year's Day, we went up to Pasadena to the place where they park the floats after the Rose parade. Unfortunately, half of Southern California had the same idea. It was SO crowded but still a lot of fun to see all of the details of the floats close up.



This was Ella's vote for the best float



We had to put a picture of this float up for the nephews up in Utah. It was a transformer that changed from a car to a spaceship! So cool!

Me and my little girl in front of the Hula-dancing froggie



The next day we went to Disneyland. We got there when it was still pretty early in the morning so it was kinda chilly. Good thing Grandma made this cute hat for Ella!

On the Buzz Light Year ride...



I think this picture is so funny cuz Ella looks like she's so bored on Heimlich's Chew Chew train ride but I promise, she really does love it!



Ryan and I coming out of Splash Mountain

The castle looks so cool at Christmas time!

Ella and I in front of It's a Small World. It was all decorated for Christmas. So cute!!!



Ella's new favorite ride...King Triton's merry-go-round at California Adventure. She cried when we took her off!

4 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

Cute pictures! I absolutely love Ella's smile. She looks like such a fun baby. McKenna is here looking with me too and thinks Ella is "sooooo cute." We're home from church cause we've got the sick bug too so I know how you feel. At least we were healthy over the holidays.

Anonymous said...

so cute!! I think the hat is so cute that Lynda made!

Chase and Teresa said...

I seriously need one of those hats-oh and I'll take two for each of the girls. ;)

aquabatgirl said...

i have to laugh cause i think you've gone to disneyland more than i ever did and i lived right next door for a good 20 years! and ella is looking adorable

 
Clicky Web Analytics