Monday, January 7, 2008

So long, friend...

We have a bit of sad news to pass along. I know many of you may not be familiar with Ella's little friend, Yankee, but he was probably Ella's closest friend outside of her own family, of course. Anyway, earlier today Ella and I were going for a little walk to enjoy the sunny weather (it has been raining here the past few days and we were itching to get outside.) I loaded her up in the stroller with all of the necesities (including Yankee) and we were on our way. Here's where the sad part comes in: when we got home from our walk, Yankee was no where to be found! I don't know how it happened but sometime during our walk, Yankee must have jumped ship and me being in my own little world with the iPod blasting in my ears, I didn't notice. We retraced our steps to try to find him but we didn't have any luck. He's gone. Forever. We will now have a momment of silence in his honor.
It's funny cuz I really was sad that we lost that little bear. It was Ella's first little thing that she had gotten "attatched" to and I felt like such a bad mom that I lost it. I don't know how much she really knows that Yankee's gone. Later this afternoon when I put her down for her second nap I gave her a different little stuffed animal to have in her crib and she seemed to be fine with it. I guess when it comes down to it, I was the one that was more attatched. Oh well. These next few pictures are in loving memory of Yankee...



This was the first picture of Ella and Yankee. The bear and onesie were a present from my cousin that had just moved to New York a couple months before Ella was born and I took this picture to send to her.

9 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I actually still remember losing my favorite pillow that my Grandma made me one Christmas. I think it may have been tossed out with the wrapping paper or something. I had a hard time going to sleep for a week! It looks like you won't be having that problem with Ella... Funny how easily a bed buddy can be replaced :)

Krissy said...

I am ready to cry. Can't you order another one on-line or go to the nearest Hallmark store or go get one of those oh so popular "Webkins" cute little guys. How long did you wait before you retraced your walk. I'm sad for Yankee! He's probably the most sad! He's probably cold! GO FIND HIM!!!

Anonymous said...

I really almost shed a tear too :( All I can think of is poor, cold Yankee out there in the rough streets of the HB, wondering what ever he did wrong to be cast aside in such a way, why oh why would his faithful owner Ella give him up so easily, so readily, as if he meant nothing to her!? He prmoises to be a better buddy if only you will come to his rescue! SAD (I'm going to find Carson's right now)

The Andersons said...

what a sad story...I never new Yankee but it makes me sad to read about him (or her). But nice job on getting out there on your ipod to get your walks in....I need to start doing that! :0

Your family is so darn cute! Happy New YEar!

Steve and Amanda said...

I am so sad for Ella. We still have Trent's first bunny that he got attached to and every oncein awhile he asks to sleep with it still! I wish I were there to help you find it! So I haven't blogged in a while because I have sooooo many pictures and NO time! Also, I asked Lindsay to help me change my design and she never got back to me...so blame her. Maybe you could help me make it look cute!

Chase and Teresa said...

So sad! I've tried to imagine our home without little Bogie. Last night was the first night we tried to have Ashlyn go to bed without him (she threw up on him after throwing a tantrum) She waited next to the door until he was brought to her.

I'm sorry for your loss!

Mark and Meghan said...

SAD! what were you thinking not watching out for it on your walk?! those things are irreplaceable (sp?) but she'll find something new to attch to! she's so cute in that last picture...was she really ever that small?? it happens too fast. love and miss you ang...

aquabatgirl said...

funny how we become more attached to their "lovies" than they do :)

Tristen said...

So stinking cute!! She is growing up without us, it is sad. We miss you guys!! What digital scrapbook program do you use?? I am trying to decide what to use for my own pics and frankly I don't know a thing about it.

 
Clicky Web Analytics