Sunday, June 22, 2008

Signing out...

Well...this is it. The day I've been "just not thinking about" for the past few months is actually here. We loaded up the truck yesterday (and because it was too small we get to do again today in a bigger truck) and we're leaving for Oklahoma early tomorrow. Ryan starts at the University of Oklahoma's periodontal residency in early July and that's when the three year countdown begins. I was thinking about putting a little ticker thing on the side of my blog but I think that would just be kinda depressing at first.

Anyway, with this sign out comes a list of things that I will truely miss about living here the past year.

Getting a yummy (and cheap!) lunch or dinner here:

Spending a few hours here:

Or here:
Treating myself every once in a while with one of these:

Discovering this refreshing snack:


But without a doubt, what I will miss most about Southern California is being close to my family. I have loved every minute of the time that we've had to be with the family. I've loved how much of Ryan's family has been able to come see us. It really is a blessing to be able to be in close proximity to your family and I hope one day we'll be able to again.
(Sorry there's no picture. I'm on Lindsay's computer...plus I didn't think I had a picture that didn't leave someone out!)

9 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Good luck in Oklahoma! We'll miss seeing you too!

The last Unicorn said...

You may miss a lot of things about CA, but everyone here will miss you just as much. Sorry we kept missing each other... I wish you guys the best of luck in OK and look forward to seeing all your new adventures via blog :)
Drive safely!
~Lori

Krissy Lowe said...

OK-just yesterday I was telling Brent that NOTHING sounded better to me than a pinkberry-I miss all those things too, especially family. Good luck in Oklahoma

Mark and Meghan said...

angie...it almost made me cry! but at least you have a count down! good luck in oklahoma! call me if you're in utah!!! love you...

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

Steve and I are way bummed you guys are moving. It was so fun to come and visit you guys in Cali and share all those great things with you! Good luck in Oklahoma, although it might take some serious convincing to get us out there. . .

Tristen said...

I can't believe you guys are moving again! What a bummer. I am sure you will make great friends in Oklahoma and the time will fly by, like it seems to have with Omaha. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!

Chase and Teresa said...

It's crazy for you to be moving again. I'm sure it will be hard to be away from family, but you will make a little family away from family. I miss our Omaha family :)

Jenn and Tyler said...

Good luck with getting settled! What was harder to leave? Omaha (VG) or Southern Cali?

aquabatgirl said...

how sad to leave all those things behind. i'm sure ok will be almost as good, except for those cold, cold winters ;) so now i am interested in trying pinkberry next time i'm in california

 
Clicky Web Analytics