Saturday, September 13, 2008

Seattle for Ryan, California for us

Last weekend, Ryan had a Perio national meeting/convention out in Seattle.  He had been planning this for about a month and a half and when he made his final plans to go, I of course did a little planning of my own. I really wanted to go out to Seattle with him because Ryan's little sister, Debbie, lives out there and I've never been.  However, Debbie just had a baby a few weeks ago and I didn't think she'd be up to visitors just yet.  So I ended up finding a really cheap flight into San Diego and since Ella is still free to fly, we were able to be out in California for a week.  I have to admit, I was kinda nervous about flying all by myself with Ella for the first time, but thanks to a little DVD player and some YoGo's, it was a piece of cake. Well, maybe not a piece of cake, but not nearly the disaster I had pictured in my head!

We stayed most of the time with my sister in San Clemente because they are about to move out to AZ for Mike's job.  It's always nice to have extra helpers...especially at bath time!



On Saturday, we got to host a little baby shower for my cousin Julie. (I wish I had more pictures!)

Sunday we went over to my Aunt Mel's house for some family bonding...which mainly just consisted of eating and watching Brian Reagan. I wish I had my camera but since I was a single parent for a week, I'm chalking it up to the fact that at least I remembered diapers and wipes...and boy did I need them that night. 'Nuff said.

On Monday night, I took Ella, Kaitlyn, and Carson to meet up with my mom and Dave for dinner and a little walk on the pier in Oceanside.  When I was younger, this was the beach that our ward would meet at for FHE at the beach every other Monday night in the summer time. Such fun memories!


Watching the surfers...

Tuesday Lindsay and I took the kids to Disneyland. It was so fun to see how much more "into it" Ella was now that she is just a couple months older. She was so excited to see Mickey Mouse until we went up to see him...then she had to make sure I was with her.

Linds and the kids on Autopia

Ella's all time favorite ride is the Nemo Submarines...or as she would say "Memo!"


This was Ella's old favorite ride. She's not so impressed anymore.



My good friend Laura (or to those who know and love her most: L-train) and her little cutie, Kate, we able to come meet up with us for a few hours at Disneyland. We always had planned on doing a Disneyland day when I lived there, but leave it to us to wait until I move half way across the country to actually do it.

Linds and I with the kiddies

L-train and Kate on the new Toy Story ride at Cal Adventure

Ella totally kept her 3D glasses on the ride the whole time!

Later the day, my Aunties Jill and Melanie and two cousins, Hallie and Kylie came and met up with us. This is everyone watching the Pixar parade at Cal Adventure.



It was at this point that my battery in my camera died and I didn't bring the charger with me. It's okay though.  It probably would have just been more of the same pictures at Disneyland. Thanks to all my family for making our trip so much fun!  Also a big thank you to Debbie and Chris in Seattle for letting Ryan stay at your "extra place"!  

8 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

fun angie...wish i lived in san diego so that i could've met you at disneyland....

it's been way too long!!!

Pratt Family said...

Sure looks like you had a fun week in Cali. Ella probably really enjoyed seeing her cousins again, too. As for spring break, yes we really need to start looking & planning if we really want to go somewhere. Give me a call later.

Pratt Family said...

Ok, where and how do you get such a darling header on your blog? It looks awesome!!! I'm guessing your amazing sister probably helped you, but hopefully you watched and can tell me how to create such a cute header, right?

The Tufts said...

Fun! Ella's cute little face on the carosal(sp.?) is priceless. Pluss, she is totally rockin' her new do!

Tristen said...

Flying with kids is always an adventure! I'm glad that you were able to make without any upsets!

aquabatgirl said...

lucky you barely moved and already back to california. hope you enjoyed all the good weather while you could :)
looks like you had a great trip and i always say it's totally worth it to travel with the kids to get somewhere (i'm taking on all three by myself come christmas time)

Holly said...

How fun!!! I am so glad you got to go and have fun with your sis. Sisters are the greatest!

Emily said...

Angela, this is Dave's daughter, Emily. . . I was wondering if I could use a couple of pics from your blog for a little Christmas present that I am working on for your mom and my dad? Your blog looks great and Ella is a doll. Hope you guys are doing well.

 
Clicky Web Analytics