Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sadie's blessing

The weekend before last was Sadie's blessing. Ryan's parents as well as my mom and Dave (her husband) were nice enough to fly out for the special day.  Ryan's parents got here first and it was fun to spend a couple days with them and then my mom and Dave were here a little longer so it was nice that it staggered a little--although Ella (who was absolutely in seventh heaven with all of the attention she was getting) was a little beside herself when all the grandparents were gone.

One of the days we went downtown to meet Ryan for lunch and then we stopped by Bass Pro Shop. It's like Disneyland for the "outdoorsie types".

Ryan pretending he knows what to do with a gun. (But I have to say, I'm glad it's all pretends!)

The next day I took my in-laws to the zoo. This is where Ella met Sheldon the turtle.

When grandparents are in town, Ella wants very little to do with me...can you tell?


On Sunday was the blessing. Ryan did a great job. I'm so grateful for the fact that I'm married to a man who is worthy of the priesthood and can bless our daughter.


Ryan's parents left the next morning and we ended up using our little zoo pass one more time with my mom and Dave.  Ella would go to the zoo on a daily basis if it were up to her!

My two little monkeys in the tub. 

That night we went to dinner out by the lake. It was so nice out that we walked around a little outside...until we got eaten by mosquitos; then we high tailed it back to the car!

4 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

cute pictures..sadie looks so cute on her blessing day! love the headband. and ella's dress? so adorable! xoxo

The Tufts said...

Sweet family! Thanks for posting all those picture of Sadie--she really has changed a lot in three months. When is your next big trip out west? We will get snow mobiles if we have to this year to get through the closed roads to see everybody.

Krissy said...

I LOVE this post Ang! Good job. I'm getting closer to getting to the post office. I am the worst! I love Ella without bangs. She looks so cute! You look so beautiful Ang. I MISS YOU! Love you all. I need to kiss Sadies cheeks so bad!

Steve and Amanda said...

Sadie is ADORABLE!!! Just spent a few minutes catching up on your life. Ellas is getting soooo big and so cute. My kids have the same problem with always wanting to be in pictures!!! And I LOVE Ryan in the pool! How was your HS reunion. How is Marcella. Steve still talks about how how much he loves her!!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics