Saturday, May 17, 2008

Girls (and old ladies) Weekend!!!

When my mom turned 50 last November, we all thought we it would be fun to take a little weekend trip together. Well, we finally coordinated all of our schedules and combined her birthday celebration with Mother's Day and a "Time out for Women" conference and spent the weekend together in lovely...San Diego! I know not very exotic to just stay in town but it didn't matter. We were "kid free" and staying at a hotel which meant we didn't even have to make our beds! So it was me, Lindsay, my mom and her two sisters, my sis-in-law and my soon-to-go-off-to-college cousin, Aubrey. We had two connecting hotel room so we made the "old ones" stay in one room and the "young ones" were in the other. We shopped, ate, went to a movie, ate, laughed, and then ate some more!
So we checked in to our rooms and even though we had just had a huge dinner, we all found a little room for some Spinkles cupcakes! YUMMY!!!!


This was the view out our window. Unfortunately we did a little too much shopping so we missed our chance to go down the water slides (why would they close at 6:00???)


My mom and aunties posing for a shot at Bennihanna and Lindsay's arm ruining it.


Like I said before, we chose this weekend cuz it was also the Time Out for Women conference. Really good conference. A little too much singing but overall I left with all kinds of motivation to be a better wife/mom/woman!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

i love weekends with other women, especially when theyr'e family! i need one soon!!! my sister went to the time out conference and said it was awesome...so jealous.

on another note: when do you guys move??

aquabatgirl said...

man you guys just have a continuous flow of family to enjoy time with. so unfair! i need a close family member
how great that you guys could all get together and have a fun time

The Tufts said...

That looks like so much fun! My sister and I decided that we need to start a tradition of having a girls weekend away. And nothing goes better with good company than cupcakes.

By the way, you also had me fooled with the title of your previous entree. More Harbertsons for everyone!

 
Clicky Web Analytics