Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A few quick thoughts

I thought that as I was waiting oh-so-patiently for the computer to load ALL of the pictures that I am way behind on blogging, I'd unload some of the thoughts that have been going through my mind recently.

*First off, The Bachelor.  I know, the fact that this "reality" show is taking up some of my thoughts is a little embarrassing but it's one of the guilty pleasures that I (as well as my husband) LOVE to watch. I don't know why really. I mean, it's such an unrealistic situation that the relationships like never work out, but for some reason, I'm drawn to it. A moth to a flame, I guess. So anyway, last night we saw Jason go out--or should I say make out--with the last 12 women that he has left.  Now I have to stop here and say that I was really excited when I saw that Jason was going to be the Bachelor.  He was the cute, single dad who totally got his heart broken last season. Always saying what a family man he was and all that.  But can I just say that I don't remember the last time when a Bachelor kissed so many women! I know that these women are like throwing themselves at him, but c'mon. I think there's only like 3 women left that he hasn't kissed. Gross. Alright, that's all the rambling I have about that subject.  You know I'm gonna keep watching it. I'll just have to make sure it's not on a full stomach.
*Secondly, (and quite a bit more importantly) I've been watching President Obama's Inauguation all morning and it's surprising to me how emotional I've felt during this process. I'll be honest, I haven't been the biggest supporter but now that this man is my President, I can't help but feel proud that our country is starting to feel more united. Politics has always been a tricky thing. Now matter how much I've learned about our politicians, I've never felt I know enough to make any kind of judgments.  Depending on what news station you watch, you can get different news and different takes on the same events.  I hope and pray that President Obama is the right man needed at the right time to make the changes that are needed to make each and every citizen proud of their country again.
*Lastly, (and maybe most importantly) Ryan and I are so excited to be getting ready for another little baby.  It feels really weird to be doing this again. Ella came in and completely turned our world upside down (in a good way) and just when we felt like we might have a hold of things, we're going for Round 2. The baby's due in July (so looks like I'm gonna be 9 months pregnant in one of the hottest places in the nation at one of the hottest times of the year. Nice.) It's so hard to believe that our little Ella is now gonna be a big sister!  We're trying to let her know about what is about to happen by talking about the "baby in mommy's tummy" but I don't think she really gets it. She thinks we're talking about my belly button cuz she will always point to her own belly button and say "Baby!" Good thing we have about 6 months to work on that concept. 

2 comments:

The Tufts said...

Congratulations!!! That is soo exciting!! Ella will be a wonderful big sister because she has such good parents. Hooray for the Harbertsons!

Pratt Family said...

You're so funny Angela...don't know if you'll ever read this, but I truly love reading your thoughts. Miss the good old days of talking and getting together whenever.

 
Clicky Web Analytics