Thursday, January 29, 2009

One last California post

Alright, this is the last one...I promise. The day before we flew out we decided make the most of it. We went down to Coronado Island (why they call it an island, I don't know because it's actually a peninsula. Whatever.) Anyway, after a quick stop at Panera for some lunch (yum), we went over to this spot right by Hotel del Coronado to rent a 4 wheeled bike. Is that what they're called? I know it's not a "4-wheeler". My sister called it a surrey but for some reason I don't think that's right either. I thought a surrey was that cart in the musical Oklahoma? ANYWAY...I'm gonna call it a 4 wheeled bike because that's basically what it is. So it was my mom, my sister and her 2 kids, and then me, Ryan and Ella.

We first got on the bike all excited to go up and down the boardwalk and all around but quickly realized that the pedaling was a lot more difficult than it looked. We were so confused. We saw all these "older people" cruising along like it was no big deal. What was our problem? I mean, none of us claim to be in the best shape of our lives, but were we THAT out of shape? So we do a little rearranging and when my sister switched to the back and Ryan took the driver's seat, we quickly learned that it was MUCH easier to pedal when you take the parking brake off. Thanks Linds. My thighs still shake a little when I think about what you put them through.

This is my mom helping Ella with her "hat"

Carson and Ella had their very own spot up in the front

All of us (Carson was not a huge fan of the helmet. Can you tell?)

6 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

You don't know what I would give to have you here to motivate me to go to body pump! Aw...those were the days. I miss you too!
Love the 4 wheeled bike! So fun.

Anonymous said...

LOVE Ella and her hat- I miss that little monkey!!

Krissy Lowe said...

That is so funny- I have wondered what those were called too. I guess we should try it out next time we go.

Steve and Amanda said...

I LOVE the brake story!!! Something I would have totally done!!! Way to save the day Ryan! When are we going to see eachother???

Pratt Family said...

What a great work-out indeed!!! That's funny about the brake being left on, too bad it didn't happen to Ryan and then you showed him up with how easy it really was. hehe. Thanks for sharing. So if the pics keep coming...maybe I'll post down at the bottom.

aquabatgirl said...

dude your vacation looks like it should have been my vacation. all i got was the cold, snow of idaho and no warm, sun of california.

 
Clicky Web Analytics