Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bookworm

If there's one thing our little Ella couldn't live without, it's her books! She's obsessed! She is CONSTANTLY trying to get anyone and everyone to stop what they're doing and read her a story. I can't tell you how many times I've read "Goodnight Moon", "The Runaway Bunny" or "Guess How Much I Love You". I think I could recite them all without even opening the book. Some other of her favorites include Fancy Nancy, Mickey and Friends, and Robin Hood.  I just hope she keeps up this love affair with books! 



Here she is pretending to eat the chocolate cake from the page (I think she learned this from her Grandma Harbertson)


6 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

oh so cute trying to eat the chocolate cake...i'm sure she learned it from her grandma...more like YOU! :) she's darling..and her hair is getting so long! miss you...

Anonymous said...

I'm booking our flights RIGHT NOW- I can't take it anymore!! I miss you guys- Ella already looks so much older!!! Call me tomorrow- we are finally home!!

Jenn and Tyler said...

Ditto! It's so fun, I think its so important for kids to have a love for books, looks like you're off to a great start!

UsdailyReader said...

can I get some more updates around here? THis once a month thing isn't working for me. PULEASSSEE!

The Tufts said...

Ella is darling! Before you know it, you will be having to by two copies of your favorite books (and People Mag) so you can read them together! I hope you guys are feeling a little more settled. IT is hard to move to many times in just a few years, you are doing great!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I hope you are able to convert some of your new neighbors to becoming Settlers of Catan fans and wish we could still play it together after our kids are in bed!

Tristen said...

Isn't it funny how obsessed kids can be with their books? Luke and Cade hide them in their beds when they go to sleep because they don't want me to put them away. Pyper screams when I stop reading to put her in bed too. I love it.

 
Clicky Web Analytics