Monday, July 21, 2008

Utah on a whim

Last Monday was Ryan's first official day of his residency. He came home on Tuesday and told me that he was going to have Friday, Monday and Tuesday off--there was some staff convention thing.  So right away we checked to see what the airline tickets would be to fly out to Utah but they were SUPER expensive.  After looking into making plans for some other weekend get-away, on Thursday night we thought we'd just check out the plane tickets one more time. They actually went way down to something that was somewhat affordable so that night we booked a flight to leave early the next morning (a big THANK YOU to our friend Jansen for the early morning airport shuttle!)
As usual, our time in Utah went by way too fast.  We not only got to spend time with family, Ryan got to go golfing with his brother and dad, I got a much needed pedicure and I got to catch up with some good friends.  It was great weather which was good because most of the time was spent lounging by the pool in Ryan's parent's backyard.

Okay, so here's some pictures from the trip but they're all out of order and for some reason they won't "click and drag" to where I want them to be. Oh well. 

On Monday we headed down to the UC for a day at Seven Peaks. Ella actually stayed home with her grandma (thank heavens) but then Ryan's parent's were nice enough to come down that evening so we could take her down a few slides.

My newest little niece, Hannah (and about 90% of the reason I was dying to get out to Utah!)

Ryan's parents have a dog, Petey, who Ella just ADORES. Here's Petey taking Ella for a walk.

Ryan at Seven Peaks on the Boomerang

Cute Burton brothers who like to dress alike

Ella and Ryan enjoying the baby slides

Back at the Harbertson pool Ella gets a little help from her cousin Jason

Scotty and Sammy doing some tricks in the pool

Cute Harbertson brothers who like to dress alike

When I was younger, we used to have to line up like this with my cousins all the time for pictures. I thought it would be cute to continue the tradition...although we were missing one cousin and soon to be two (we miss you Debbie!)

Ryan's dad has a couple remote control boats that Ryan and I couldn't help but play around with.

While Ryan was golfing, I got to go meet up with my very good friends Eliza and Tyson. This is Ella with their DARLING little boy, Jack and sadly, this is the best shot I have of them.

I also got to meet up with Krissy and her BEAUTIFUL daughter Hailey.  I can't believe how old she's getting--Hailey, not Krissy. Krissy will always be the same 21 year old that used to babysit me.

Ella doing what she loved the most--hanging out with her cousins in the pool!



Ella and her Grandpa

Ella playing with her daddy

4 comments:

Jenn and Tyler said...

Good for you Mrs. Spontaneous! Glad you had such a great time!

Mark and Meghan said...

i can't believe the tickets were cheap enough to be affordable! :) seriously it's such a killer to fly out to california...but you're flying from oklahoma huh? so never mind! i cannot believe how old ella looks to me in those pictures...time for a new one! you already look like a pro holding your neice!

Krissy said...

Miss you already! Is the next time Christmas? And three more years until you move back to UTAH right?! If I have to be here...so do you! The only way you're going back to Ca. is if I can come too! I can't take that again! It'll be perfect timing cause Haley will have just graduated and Robbie entering into High School. That sounds crazy huh! Robbie in High school...YIKES! But yes, I still am 21! Thanks Ang! Love ya. Give Ella's cute cheeks a big kiss from me!

aquabatgirl said...

my kind of trip, lots of swimming and sun, oh and family! looks like you had a great time

 
Clicky Web Analytics