Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting settled

So we've been in Oklahoma for about a month now and I just don't get it.  Why can't I get this house all settled? You know, like my pantry organized how I want it, pictures hung on the wall, Ella's room decorated, the office organized...stuff that I thought I would do soon after moving in.  I thought it was because I was just waiting for Ryan to start his residency and I was giving myself little projects to do while he was gone all day, but he's now into his program for about 2 1/2 weeks and still...no pictures on the wall. I'm always telling myself "I'll do it tomorrow..." and come up with something else that has to get done right away...like taking Ella to the mall to let her play on the little indoor playground.  I don't get it. I didn't have this issue when we moved to California or when we moved to Omaha. Why is it that I just can't seem to "settle" here? Alright. I think I might know why.  I think I might just be a little homesick. I never got homesick in California (cuz I was home) and I never really got homesick in Omaha cuz we were surrounded by like 100 insta-friends which quickly turned into a family away from family. It's silly for me to feel homesick out here because I really do like it. I like our neighborhood.  I like our ward.  Plus I'm talking with at least one member of my family like every day.  I think it's just the time of year. Last year at this time, we were spending most days outside at the beach or a park or even just a little walk.  Here it SO hot and HUMID that we only got outside at night...and even that it for just a short time. Ryan and I decided that it is definitely hotter here than it was in Omaha...which I'm okay with if it is also warmer here during the winter! We'll see...

Ok, that's enough ranting from me.  Maybe I'll go hang a picture. Oh wait. Ella's taking a nap. Maybe tomorrow.

My little beach bum

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Change is HARD, but good. It IS the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer. Maybe once you go visiting teaching and see a cute house all decorated, that will give you the "bug" to get it done. When you do get it decorated and all "homey", it will make you feel more content and maybe a little less homesick. It's tough, but I know you and you will get over this little hump soon enough. That picture needs to be framed large some where on a wall in your home, it is so cute! Love ya

The Andersons said...

Hey Ang....I know exactly how you fee. We also have been here for one month and still, even now I am looking at a stack of empty boxes on top of the stairs....how hard is it to take empty boxes out to the garage?? Obviously for me it is impossible. We also do not have a single picture on the wall. Poor Ethans room is so bare. All it is is a stack of books on the floor and a plastic box of toys! I do the same thing as you...I have hopes of being productive "tomorrow" but it is much more wonderful to take Ethan on an outing. Hopefully our next home will be much easier because then it will truly be home! Yeah!

Er is wondering how Ryan is liking Perio....

Jenn and Tyler said...

Angela, those are my thoughts verbatim! So far I like Boise, but it's just not the same as moving to Omaha and having "100 insta-friends" that help you get settled. Oh well, such is life. We enjoy it anyway, thank heavens for little sweet hearts. AKA kids

Tristen said...

It's tough to move - anywhere. I wish we were there to be built in friends again. We miss you guys. I hope you get some pictures hung up soon. We are still trying to get things hung up around here and we have lived here for almost four months!

 
Clicky Web Analytics