Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Breakfast at Ella's

As I was eating breakfast with my little sweetie this morning (and if I new how to use photo shop, believe me I would definitely be deleting those Fruit Loops and filling it in with a much healthier breakfast but what do you do...so I don't win the Mother of the Year award. It can go right up there with the YW Medallion I never got either.) I thought I should document how silly my little monkey is. I don't know why but lately the girl is obsessed with forks. No spoons, just forks. She eats everything with a fork. Ice cream, yogurt, cereal (I know, she has a really healthy diet.)  I think it's because she loves the Little Mermaid and Ariel finds a "dingle hopper" from the human world that she just loves...and Ella loves anything Ariel loves.  I'll have to draw the line when Ella starts combing her hair with a fork.

One other cute little thing I wanted to remember from this picture was how Ella--at the ripe old age of barely 2--is already a spiritual example to me.  For the past couple days, we'll both be sitting down to eat breakfast and as I'm starting to dig in, she say "Mama!" and then proceed to fold her arms and bow her head.  I'll quickly say "I know! I was just about to say a prayer, I was just checking to see if my food was okay."  I think she sees right through me. But seriously, it made me think how lucky I am to have this amazing little spirit living with me and teaching me each and every day what our priorities should be. I love her more than words can explain. I know she is going to be such a good big sister and that her dad and I feel so blessed that she is in our lives.
p.s. Please look passed the crazy crimped hair in the picture. She had her hair in french braids the day before and this was the remnants they left behind.

7 comments:

Krissy said...

I'm SO SAD we miss eachothe rthis weekend!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you! Call me please, I have news.

Mark and Meghan said...

that is so cute ange...and i'm sure you had to figure out something else to blog about so all my info wasn't up on your blog!!! :)

Whitney said...

That is so funny she eats everything with a fork! and sometimes prayers have to wait when you're pregnant! sometimes i felt i had to shovel it in or i would die!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on her! Kaitlyn asks me every day, "how many more days till Ang gets here?"

Michala said...

I found you!!! Your family is so cute! Congratulations on baby girl #2. Ella is adorable (but you already knew that huh?) and I can't believe your in OKLAHOMA!!! I was for sure Cali...but anyways. How are you?!?!

Chase and Teresa said...

Love the "dingle hopper" for cereal. She is darling, and btw she obviously learned from somewhere about saying prayers, so nice work on that. They learn so quickly even when we quickly forget :0

I'm impressed she had her hair in french braids. I cannot get my fingers in the right positions for french braids.

You know you cannot scratch the Bachelor off your list of favorites, but you can definitely scratch the loser Jason off your list. Seriously, can he commit to anything in life!

Pratt Family said...

What a great breakfast indeed, I love fruit loops. At least you've found some foods Ella will eat, at least she's not starving. That's awesome she's an Ariel princess. Though my questions now is, does she get frustrated when she eats her cereal and can't get the milk in her mouth? Or does she not care for the milk? Precious story about saying prayers, I really really have a hard time blessing my sugary breakfast sometimes. Good recovery though.

 
Clicky Web Analytics