Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma!

Last Thursday, Ryan's grandma celebrated her 90th birthday.  To celebrate the big event, all of her children and grandchildren came together and had a couple parties.  Ryan, Ella and I were lucky enough to be able to fly out Thursday night and be there for all the festivities that weekend. We were only there a short time but we packed a lot in.


Friday night there was an "adult's only" dinner at The Roof in downtown SLC. (A big Thank You to my friend Eliza for watching Ella for us!) This is Ryan and his younger brother Steve.
 
Ryan and his older brother Scott
 
 
Our family shot. We wanted to get one with all the aunts and uncles and cousins, but our group was just too big.

The next day we had another little party with all the great grandchildren and more extended family up at Ryan's Aunt Wendy's house. Here's Grandma Howe about to blow out the candles.

Ryan's Aunt Sandy is an excellent music director (or at least she thinks so.) Here she is leading us all in Happy Birthday.

Ella and her Uncle Steve just wanted to make faces at the camera.

Me, Ryan, Cindy, Stacy, and Steve

The classic grandkid shot

Ella had so much fun playing with ALL of her cousins!  Here she is with Sammy.


p.s. I left my phone in Utah so I'll be a little harder to reach for a few days. I still have my home phone and Ryan's cell that I can be reached on.  Kind of a bummer but I think I'll survive.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

You def packed it all in! Looks like you had fun! Too bad you left your phone... that is no fun. I would be lost without mine! We don't have a home phone... We will have to get together soon

Jenn and Tyler said...

Wow! 90 huh? She looks great, glad you got to be there! Looks like so much fun! You look so great as always! Was just thinkin' about you, don't check everyone's blogs nearly as often as I would like. Sounds like you're doing well, that's always great to see!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time!! PLEASE CALL ME THOUGH- I'm going nuts- lots to talk to you about... ;)

Pratt Family said...

Wow...traveling again. You guys always seem to be traveling. I guess, living only a few states away makes it a little easier & cheaper vs. thousands of miles and airfare anywhere is insanely expensive. Sorry, if you can't tell I'm tried of living here.

Sure looks like your quick weekend was definitely filled with much fun. That's exciting you were able to be there and celebrate such a wonderful mile marker, 90 yrs old, Ryan's Grandma looks amazing. Have fun in Arizona at your sister's place.

Michala said...

I honestly don't think I could survive without my cell phone. I know that sounds extreme...but my phone and internet are my only connection to the outside world!

 
Clicky Web Analytics