Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Mike!

Last Friday night, my sister threw a surprise party for her husband's 30th birthday. That's right...just a couple weeks after the big Princess party, she put on a great sports themed party for Mike. Lindsay is usually pretty good at planning things out in her life...so you would think she would try to plan the birthdays in her little family to be a bit more spread out! All four of the birthdays in her family fall within like 7 weeks! Anyway, back to the party...it was so much fun! Everyone came dressed in their best sports attire. Mike was totally surprised which is a good thing. He's not big on having all the attention on him so I think this is the only way to get him to show up for his own party!


Mike and Linds with their good friends, Ryan and Aly.

This is what happens when Kaitlyn gets her hands on a cupcake!

So, as I said before, the theme of this party was anything sports and as my sister doesn't do anything halfway, this party had everything that you would see at a baseball/basketball/football game...including a popcorn machine, hot dogs, peanuts, a cotton candy machine...which is what I was in charge of. I have to say, I'm a darn good cotton candy maker! Don't judge my skills by this picture...this was just a mess up. It still tasted great!

This is my cousin, Jessica, and her husband, Eddie (of Family Feud fame!)

Here's my Uncle Bob and Aunt Nancy with their gift for Mike. Since moving to San Clemente, Mike has said that he wants to get back into surfing. Now thanks to them (and my cousins) he can!

The Padres number 1 fan!



p.s. I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you who have been concerned for my family with all the wildfires here in So. California. My mom's home is in Rancho Bernardo (the hardest hit place in San Diego.) It's where I grew up and it's been incredibly hard to watch the news and see all the neighborhoods that I'm so familiar with now burnt to the ground. My mom did evacuate for the past couple days but luckily, her home was spared and she should be able to go back home tonight. My dad and my brother also left their homes but as of right now, they are still untouched by the fires. Where Ryan and I are in Orange County hasn't been in any danger so we're grateful for that. We feel very blessed and tahnkful to all those rescue workers who have done everything in their power to try to contain these fires. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Stephens Family said...

I am so happy to hear that your family is alright. I was hoping everything would be OK with yours and Hug n Kisses families. So maybe when the smoke settles and your in San Clemente again, we should meet up. Call me!

Pratt Family said...

Looks like a really fun surprise birthday party. Good job with the cotton candy machine. I'm glad to hear you and all of your family have been safe with all of the fires. It's so sad to hear all about the destruction everywhere. Be safe!!!

Mark and Meghan said...

ang..i'm so glad your moms house was spared! i cannot believe how crazy all the fires are!

looks like a fun party. did your sis rent those popcorn and cotton candy machines? such a cute idea!!!

The Wyatt's said...

I've been thinking about you guys hoping you are o.k. I'm glad to hear you are in a safe spot. I'm sure it's prettty smoking though. I'm sorry to hear about your parent's neighborhoods. Let us know if anything changes.

 
Clicky Web Analytics