Saturday, October 27, 2007

A little Sugar...

My sister just called and asked if I could do a post on my blog with my sugar cookie recipe. It's nothing too fancy. I think I got the recipe off the Internet a couple years ago. I like it cuz the frosting drys hard so you can stack them without the frosting getting all nasty. Anyway...here it is:

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 cups flour

Mix first seven ingredients. Add flour. Chill. (I usually chill overnight but I think a couple hours is fine.) Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes (depends on how big your cookie cutter is) on ungreased cookie sheet. (I use a sheet of parchment paper.)

Frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tblsp milk
1 Tblsp light corn syrup
1 tsp almond extract
food coloring

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

Is this the recipe you used for your cute "thank you" cookies after your baby shower? Those were soooo good!

 
Clicky Web Analytics