Friday, April 4, 2008

Rambles

So we still haven't figured out why I can't add pictures...so in the meantime ya'll just get to listen to me ramble on and on (feel free to skip this blog an head on to another friend's as I'm sure I won't have anything insightful to share.)
Last night my lovely sister graciously took our Ella into her home so Ryan and I could go to the temple. One of the best things about living close to family is the babysitting that is included with that. We couldn't get into a session before 8:00 (the Newport Beach temple is a "mini temple" so we have to make appointments) so we dropped Ella off and had a nice dinner together without a squeeling 1-yr-old in the high chair next to us. Linds offered to just have Ella spend the night since we didn't get out of the temple until 10 and when we talked this morning about when I should come get her she said I should just have an "Angela Day" and do whatever I wanted and my mom would bring Ella home when she came up tonight (my mom's spending Conference weekend with us since her husband is up in San Francisco with his parents.) I was like, "No, I can come get her!" but luckily Lindsay talked me into it. I know, what was I thinking? Why should Lindsay have to TALK ME INTO a day all to myself! So I started thinking about all the stuff I could do. I still have a little birthday money burning a hole in my pocket...I could go the mall. It's warm outside...I could lay by the pool. And what did I decide???...SPRING CLEANING! It's amazing how busy I was ALL DAY just cleaning my house! I mean, I think I'm a pretty clean person (not obsessively clean...it's not like I have any Jergensen blood in me:) )but you know, I try to maintain a clean home. Well today was all about the THOROUGH cleaning. It was so nice to have no interuptions and just be on my own schedule. When I was talking with Lindsay about how much I was getting done I was like, "Why haven't we done this before?" It seems like we babysit for each other when we have stuff going on.
Alright, that's all for now. I know, kinda boring without any pictures of my little girl...but what do you do?

6 comments:

Steve and Amanda said...

Be glad that you don't have the OCD that the rest of us Jergensen's got stuck with...sometimes it just stresses me out because I can't keep up with the cleaning, but I feel like I need to! You definitely should not have just cleaned all day though!!!

Mark and Meghan said...

i agree with amanda...a day to yourself..and you spent it cleaning?? sad. but also a very good feeling. i am no where close to being ocd with cleaning my house(i know kind of sad) i wish i were, but life's too short, right? i want to see pictures...and hear about your birthday. we need to talk. meg...
ps SOOO nice of your sister!

Pratt Family said...

What are you ever going to do in Oklahoma without family? You are going to die!!! I'm glad to hear you and Ryan had a great date night together. Steve & I are going crazy and really miss our date nights. As for the day to yourself, cleaning feels great but honestly you should have limited yourself. Hope you had a great break, can't wait to see photos one day soon.

The Wyatt's said...

It's amazing how refreshing it is just to have your own time and your own schedule without any interruptions. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you're doing. It probably felt great to get some cleaning done. How nice to have family close. You will miss that. I hope you get your blog figured out! I've been waiting for some pictures! Your rambles will have to do for now I guess. They are actually quite fun to read, so keep them coming!

aquabatgirl said...

rambles are better than nothing. i have to laugh that you cleaned on your "day off" but then again i would probably end up doing the same thing lol

Tristen said...

Try posting pictures directly from Picasa (you can download it from Google for free). There is a spot from there that you can add several pictures at once. You probably already know this, but this is all I could think of. OR, I have been having trouble getting onto my mom's blog, so I downloaded Firefox (also free) and looked at it from that, with no problems at all. Just a few thoughts, hope they help. As far as your day off goes, I'm glad that you got your cleaning done. It feels so good to accomplish something when you feel like you can't. At this point I think I would just take a nap if given the opportunity. I have given up on really clean. Three kids and prego with the fourth! Whatever, I just want to sleep.

 
Clicky Web Analytics