Friday, February 1, 2008

My baby turns 1!

On Wednesday, my little girl hit a huge milestone...she turned one! I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. Ella has brought so much happiness to our lives and we just can't imagine our little home without her. Anyway, to celebrate the big day, my sister and I took our kids to Disneyland (no making fun Deanne! ) I know, big surprise but with our passes and it only being 20 minutes away, it makes for a cheap outing that our kids love...and maybe Lindsay and I do too!

Here's the little 1-year-old on the way in


If you go to Disneyland on your birthday, you can stop by City Hall and get a button with your name and age on it. It was so fun cuz all day long, all the workers were saying, "Happy Birthday, Ella!"


Right when we walked in the park, we saw these beautiful tulips...so you know we had to stop and take pictures!




Only my little niece, Kaitlyn, can convince me to take her on the Teacups. It actually wasn't that bad if you don't spin the wheel in the middle.


After the Teacups, we stopped by the White Rabbit's house (from Alice in Wonderland) but he wasn't home.


Of course we had to go on the merry-go-round! It's Ella's favorite lately.


This girl loves a spin on the merry-go-round!


This boy?...not so much.


Later that day my aunts Melanie and Jill and Uncle Todd met up with us. We had so much fun with them. Disneyland is always a little more fun with Uncle Toddo around!


We (finally) went on the new Nemo submarine ride. I have a rule that I won't wait in a line more than 10 minutes, but Todd, Jill, and Mel convinced us. I'm glad we did cuz Ella LOVED it. (I love how she's pointing in this picture like, "Do you see this?!"


Here's Captain Ella on the Buzz Lightyear ride. We let her control while Jill and I did the shootin'. For the record...I totally beat Jill!

Uncle Toddo and Kaitlyn on the rockets.


Jill, Linds, and Carson (with his sister's hat on)





On our way out, we saw Ariel and had to stop and say hi.


She was so nice and even wished Ella a Happy Birthday!


When we came home, we let Ella open her presents from us and Ryan's parents and sister. I forgot to take more pictures of her with her presents after she opened them cuz we were doing the video camera (and if I could find one part I would put the video on the blog) but I think we can all agree that there are quite enough pictures for one post!
We're doing a little party for Ella this weekend so you know there'll be a ton more pictures from that!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. What ever am I going to do if you guys ever move away. DIE?

Chase and Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe you are already a year old. Ashlyn is jealous of you and Ariel.

So, in regards to Lindsay's comment, when do you find out if you are moving away, is it March?

The last Unicorn said...

What a way to spend your birthday! It looks like Ella really got the royal treatment and you look like your were having a lot of fun as well! Makes you wonder... who are these celebrations really for? I am sure we enjoy the cake more :)

Steve and Amanda said...

Sorry we missed it...I would have loved to go. Trent threw-up this morning...my luck!!! It was so good seeing you. We miss you guys already.

Mark and Meghan said...

happy birthday ella! i cannot believe it's already been a year ang! where did the time go? i wish i could go to disneyland twenty minutes away!! i love the place. i want to come to ella's party!! i'm sure my invites on the way right??? :) hope you guys have a good time.

and was it really that cold in california?? sweaters, beanies, and scarves?? crazy!

aquabatgirl said...

happy birtnday ella! glad you had a great day. to bad your mom wouldn't spin in the teacups, really takes all the fun out of it :)

Krissy said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I just have one word to say...JEALOUS!!!!! It kills me to look at these darling pictures! So cute and so fun! I loved everyone of them! Give the little pumpkin a kiss from her Auntie Krissy! Love ya!

Tristen said...

How can you be one already Ella?? You are still a newborn, I can't believe she is so big. Happy Birthday Ella, we all miss you!!

The Wyatt's said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe she is one. She is so dang cute. Either she is photogenic or she's just a happy baby cause she always looks so bright eyed and happy. It looks like you have fun with her. It's fun to watch her grow up through pictures but we really need to see her in person one of these days! We miss you and Ryan too. I'm thinking the Disneyland trip might not happen this year although I'm dying to come. Being pregnant and poor we can't quite justify it. But we'll have to plan another reunion soon so we can get together when you guys are in Utah. Or if you need a nice winter get away you guys could head on up here!

The Andersons said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe she is already the BIG ONE! You guys are such cute parents...you are always doing so many fun things with Ella!

 
Clicky Web Analytics